Unemployed? Facing Redundancy? The SWAPS programme could be your route into JOB & CAREER OPPORTUNITIES IN THE NHS! Join us to find out more.
Are you used to thinking that a career in the NHS is just for Doctors & Nurses? Think again!
• Would you enjoy a practical or admin based role? If so, there are over 300 different non-medical job roles in the NHS waiting for you!
• Or, would you prefer a supportive patient facing role? Then we have Health Care Assistant and opportunities in our vaccination service available now!
• Whatever type of role you are looking for, the SWAPs programme offers free training and guidance that can lead to fixed term or permanent employment in the NHS in a role that’s right for YOU!
Join our workshop to find out more about the Somerset NHS Foundation Trust’s SWAPs programme, created to prepare people for many different jobs in Health & Social Care.
“I’ve really enjoyed the course – to be honest, I am buzzing!” Feedback from a recent candidate.
Register now to attend our free virtual workshop .
Tuesday 15th February: 18.30-19.30.
What to expect on the virtual workshop:
• Welcome from the Employment Hub Teams and an introduction to the support they can provide.
• Introduction to the NHS SWAP with an overview of the supportive programme and the job opportunities available to you
• “From unemployment to a new career in the NHS” – A recent SWAP graduate’s story.
• Q&A with Employment Hub and SWAPs teams. (You can ask questions verbally or via the chat box)
An overview of the NHS Sector Based Work Academy Programme (SWAP):
• A 3 week supportive programme designed to give you the skills and experience you need to take your first step in starting a career within the NHS
• The course involves a blend of online classroom based sessions, e-learning and face to face sessions with a group of likeminded peers going through the same journey
• You will get a Guaranteed Interview at the end of your course that has a 97% success rate!
• 1-1 Careers Consultations
• Whether you are looking for a patient facing role or would prefer to work behind the scenes in a practical or administrative role – we will support you to find the role that is right for YOU!
REGISTER NOW. Once you’ve registered, you’ll receive links to join the Microsoft Teams Event:
For more information regarding this event please contact Outreach@Sedgemoor.gov.uk on behalf of all district areas.
For Employment and Skills Support please visit Step UP.