There’s a whole host of development locally that will bring opportunities for local people; Under Construction is determined to support local jobs for local people.
The Bridgwater Way
Bridgwater is thriving with lots of positive opportunities in education, our economy and for business. We are working hard to make travel in and around Bridgwater easier and safer at a time when there is growing demand on our roads. The Bridgwater Way is providing initiatives to help you choose how and when to travel, and feel safe when making your journey. We want you to get involved, because it’s your choices that will make the difference in keeping Bridgwater moving. The Bridgwater Way is reaching out to schools and colleges, businesses, and the wider community to provide tools and support to help us make positive changes together. Get involved by following the link below.
We’re really pleased to Welcome the Positive People project to Under Construction on Tuesdays. If you’re aged 18+ and not in work this project could help with new skills and one:one support back into the workforce; Inspiring you to build a brighter future.
Everyone should have the chance to succeed in life, to develop skills and build a career. Positive People is a flexible community programme designed to help you overcome whatever challenges you face.Run by Pluss and our community partners we can help you manage the tough times, get qualified and find work.
Help with everyday life
Our change coaches will work closely with you to help you identify your aspirations.
Our support includes:
- Personal development – help build your confidence and health.
- Help with daily life – including advice on housing, money / debt, childcare, healthy eating, leisure, relationships, anger-management.
- Help to manage your health condition.
- Help to master digital technology –including computers, tablets, phones and software.
- Access to benefits.
Get qualified and find work
Our support includes:
- Help to access training – anything from basic skills to vocational and professional.
- Help to prepare for work – including clubs and work trials so you can try out jobs and gain experience.
- Job search – preparing CVs, applications and interview We will also help you approach employers.
- Access to computers, internet and printers.
- Advice on apprenticeships and self-employment.
Once you enter into work, we will stay in regular contact with you. You can also contact our helpline for advice and support.
Positive People is jointly funded by the Big Lottery Fund and the European Social Fund.
Sedgemoor Digital Link – Switch On, Get On, Move On!
Free drop-in sessions to improve skills and get online! No matter what level you are our friendly volunteers will help. Come and see how being online could make a difference to all areas of your life: work, hobbies, daily tasks and so much more.
If you’re not sure where to start with a computer or just need to brush your IT skills, have no fear, our experienced and friendly volunteers will be on hand to help. As more and more services become ‘digital’, a basic knowledge of IT is really important. This is a great opportunity to learn new skills whilst knowing free support is on-hand to guide you. Equipment is provided all you need to bring is yourself.